Scholarships & Grants
Culinary Professional Development Grant
This award is designed to help promote and develop the culinary skills of the CCUFSA members. The grant will cover the cost of registration, course materials, accommodations, and meals, to a maximum of $1,500 (Canadian).
All employees with five years cooking experience, currently employed by a CCUFSA institutional member in good standing, are eligible.
- Applicants are requested to write a brief letter (500 words) explaining what their objective(s) would be in attending.
- Applicants must include a copy of their resume, along with a letter of recommendation from the director or general manager of their department.
- The winning applicant must publish an article in the CCUFSA newsletter detailing the benefits they gained from their experience.
- Applications should be forwarded to:Mr. Ed Townsley, Executive Director
c/o University of Guelph
Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
- Applications due at the University of Guelph by mid April.
- The winner will be selected in April.
- The winner will be notified by the CCUFSA Executive Director no later than April 30th.
- Please write “CCUFSA Culinary Professional Development Grant Applicant” on the envelope.
Shirley Louie Award for Excellence
Named after the late Shirley Louie
(CCUFSA President 1993-94), this award is presented to an outstanding
student enrolled in a Food Service Management program at a number
of colleges and universities across Canada.
Join & Grow With Us
CCUFSA members benefit from the opportunity to share ideas, real world experiences and build solutions with like minded colleagues, all food service professionals with a common goal.